To enable you or your loved one to live a truly independent life, our carers provide help in and around the home with domestic tasks, as well as helping to run errands. We believe that a home care package should be tailored to assist you as much or as little as you need with these daily or weekly tasks. Instead of taking control and completing tasks for you, we prefer to provide assistance to enable you to continue with your routine, to help you feel more independent.
At Novus Care we have the ability to provide support with a range of domestic tasks and errands, including:
- Shopping – driving you to the supermarket or local shopping centre to pick up groceries, toiletries, birthday cards or anything else you wish to buy, or going on your behalf
- Laundry – staying on top of the washing and drying routine
- Ironing – making sure all clothing is free of creases before returning it to the wardrobe
- Cleaning – undertaking chores which you can no longer manage without support, such as hoovering, washing up, cleaning the bathroom etc.
- Meal preparation – ranging from enabling you to choose what to eat for each meal, to preparing your meals and supporting you to eat your meals
- Prescription pick-up – dropping off any repeat prescriptions and picking up medication
- General household duties – tidying up, emptying the bins, and any other domestic tasks you need support with
We understand that every day is different, and you may need more help with domestic duties on certain days than others. For some clients, getting to the shops to pick up their own groceries or buying a surprise gift for a relative can mean a lot.
We take a person centred approach, trying our best to stick to the routines you have already established. Our home care workers will adapt to your individual requirements and personal preferences, to better enable independent living.
Find out what our clients are saying about our home care services on the reviews page.